- URL: https://www.linkedin.com/
- Founded: May 5, 2003
- CEO: Jeff Weiner
- Headquarters: Mountain View, California
- Employees: 8700+
- Total number of LinkedIn users: 590 million
- Total number of monthly active LinkedIn users: 260 million
- Total number of LinkedIn users from the US: 154 million
- Percentage of LinkedIn monthly active users: 44%
- Number of new LinkedIn members per second: 2
- More than 70% of LinkedIn users are from outside the US.
- 61 million LinkedIn users are senior level influencers and 40 million are in decision-making positions.
- 40 million students and recent college graduates are on LinkedIn.
- There are 56% male users and 44% female users on LinkedIn.
- After US: India, Brazil, Great Britain and Canada have the highest number of LinkedIn users.
- 13% of 15-34 year olds use LinkedIn.
- There are 87 million millennials on LinkedIn with 11 million in decision-making positions.
- 28% of all male online users are on LinkedIn, and 27% of all female online users are on LinkedIn.
- 44% of LinkedIn users earn more than $75,000 in a year.
- There are over 39 million students and recent graduates on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Content Marketing
- LinkedIn is the #1 channel B2B marketers use to distribute content at 94%.
- From the total 500 million users, just 3 million users share content weekly.
- LinkedIn makes up more than 50% of all social traffic to B2B websites & blogs.
- 91% of marketing executives list LinkedIn as the top place to find quality content.
- 92% of B2B marketers include LinkedIn in their digital marketing mix.
- Only 1 million users have published an article on LinkedIn.
- About 45% of LinkedIn article readers are in upper-level positions (managers, VPs, Directors, C-level).
- How-To & list posts perform the best on LinkedIn.
- Posts split into 5, 7, or 9 headings perform the best.
- Articles with titles between 40-49 characters perform the best on LinkedIn.
- Articles without video perform better than those with video.
- 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn vs. 13% on Twitter & 7% on Facebook.
- Microsoft paid $26.2 billion to buy LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn’s Q1 2018 revenue was $976 million.
- LinkedIn’s Q2 2018 revenue increased by 37% to $1.4 billion.
- LinkedIn generates $371,474 per employee.
LinkedIn Fun Facts
- 41% of millionaires use LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn now has over 26 million companies and 15 million active job listings.
- 1 million professionals have published posts on LinkedIn.
- The average user spends 17 minutes per month on LinkedIn.
- Motivated was the most overused word on LinkedIn in 2014.
- LinkedIn profiles with professional head shots get 14 times more profile views.
- Statistical analysis and data mining are the top skills on LinkedIn.
- 59% of LinkedIn members have never worked at a company with more than 200 employees.
- There are 5.5 million accountants on LinkedIn.
- There are 3 million MBA graduates on LinkedIn.
- 79% of B2B marketers see LinkedIn as an effective source of lead generation.
- There have been 11 billion endorsements on LinkedIn.
- The average CEO has 930 connections.
- The most overused profile word continues to be “Motivated” – this has been the case through 2014-2018.
- More than 90% of recruiters use LinkedIn regularly.
- LinkedIn’s SlideShare now has 70 million monthly active users.
Please link back to this page when referencing any of these statistics.
If you have any more interesting facts or statistics, please share them with us, and you will be credited with a free do-follow backlink.