- URL: https://www.facebook.com/
- Founded: February, 2004
- CEO: Mark Zuckerberg
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, California
- Employees: 10,955+
- Total Number of Monthly Active Users: 2.23 billion
- Total Number of Mobile Monthly Active Users: 1.74 billion
- Total Number of Desktop Daily Active Users: 1.47 billion
- Total number of Mobile Daily Active Users: 1.57 billion
- Facebook Stories Daily Viewers: 150 million
Facebook Advertising Statistics
- Facebook has over 5 million advertisers as of 2017.
- 93% of marketers use Facebook advertising regularly.
- Images account for 75-90% of Facebook advertising effectivity/performance.
- 20% of Facebook’s mobile ad revenue comes from Instagram.
- The Average CPC for Facebook Ads Is $1.72, Average CTR is 0.9%, and Average CPM is $7.92.
- Facebook’s share in the global digital advertising market is 19.7%.
- Facebook users are 53% female and 47% male.
- 83% of all women & 75% of all men who use the internet are on Facebook.
- The average Facebook user has 155 “friends”.
- 62% of online users aged 65+ are on Facebook.
- 72% of online users aged 50-64 are on Facebook.
- 84% of online users aged 30-49 are on Facebook.
- 88% of online users aged 18-29 are on Facebook.
- 82% of college graduates are on Facebook.
- 72% of online users of income more than $75K are on Facebook.
- 85% of Facebook’s daily active users come from outside the US/Canada.
- The largest population on Facebook is from India with over 270 million users, followed by 210 million from the US.
- Brazil and Indonesia both have around 130 million users.
- Asia has 894 million Facebook users.
- Europe has 376 million Facebook users.
Facebook Fun Facts
- Facebook accounts for over 42% of monthly social media visits.
- 5 billion comments are left on Facebook pages monthly.
- 42% of customer service responses happen during the first 60 minutes.
- The Facebook like button has been pressed 1.13 trillion times.
- As of January 2016, 100 million hours of video has been watched on Facebook Daily.
- The average time spent on Facebook per visit is 35 minutes, up from 20 minutes previously.
- Every 60 seconds there are: 317,000 status updates; 400 new users; 147,000 photos uploaded; and 54,000 shared links.
- More than 85% of daily active users are outside the US and Canada. This number has grown from 75% in the previous year.
- Facebook gets over 8 billion average daily video views.
- 85% of Facebook users watch videos with the sound off.
- Captioned video ads can increase video view time by an average of 12%.
- 80% of users are annoyed when videos auto-play sound, and it gives them a negative impression of your brand.
- 350 million photos are uploaded every day, with 14.58 million photo uploads per hour, 243,000 photo uploads per minute, and 4,000 photo uploads per second.
- 20% of videos are Live Broadcasts.
- Every 20 minutes, 1 million links are shared, 20 million friend requests are sent, and 3 million messages are sent.
- 55 million status updates are made every day.
- Facebook is available in 101 languages with over 300,000 users helping in translation.
Please link back to this page when referencing any of these statistics.
If you have any more interesting facts or statistics, please share them with us, and you will be credited with a free do-follow backlink.